IUI injectables vs IVF success rates

IUI injectables vs IVF

How many times do you do IUI before IVF?

Why do IUI instead of IVF?

Do you have to try IUI before IVF?

IVF advantages

IUI advantages

How can I increase my chances of successful IUI?

IUI vs IVF success rates over 40

IUI success rate

IUI injectables vs IVF success rates

Clomid plus IUI has about an 8% per month chance for successful pregnancy. Injectable FSH products ("injectables") plus IUI give about 12% success per month. These statistics hold for about 3 months and after that success rates are much lower.

Read more about: IUI process in Iran

According to at least one study, women who conceived with IVF treatment went through an average of 2.7 cycles. They found that the odds for success for women of all ages after three IVF cycles were between 34 and 42 percent.

Read more about: Ivf in Iran

How many times do you do IUI before IVF?

IUI is often the first treatment suggested to those who want to conceive as it's less invasive and demanding than IVF. It's also much more affordable. If you are a woman under 35, most doctors will suggest 3 to 6 cycles of IUI before moving to IVF.

Read more about: How successful is IVF with donor eggs

Why do IUI instead of IVF?

In IUI, the highest quality sperm are selected and injected into the uterus where they are left to fertilise the eggs naturally. In IVF, the eggs are removed from the body and fertilised in the lab. This means that IUI is a less invasive procedure which involves fewer drugs than IVF. With IUI, women under 35 often have a 10 to 15 percent chance of getting pregnant with just one cycle. With an IVF cycle using a woman's own eggs, the average national success rates range from 45 percent to 50 percent or more for patients under 35 years old.

Do you have to try IUI before IVF?

Before you undergo IVF, it is advisable to partake at least three cycles of IUI. This is especially advised to women below the age of 35 as they have higher chances of conceiving with IUI.

Read more about: How long does donor egg IVF take time

IVF advantages

  • higher pregnancy rates
  • shorter time to conception
  • ability to genetically test the embryos before putting them back
  • elimination of most multiple births when only one embryo transferred
  • the ability to freeze left over embryos for future use 

IUI also has some significant advantages:

  • much less expensive (about 1/5 of the cost)
  • much less invasive
  • fewer drugs, fewer injections
  • no need for anesthesia
  • less stressful
  • lower multiple birth rates when oral fertility drugs are used and multiple embryos are transferred with IVF.

Read more about: Assisted hatching ivf

iui with injectables success rates

How can I increase my chances of successful IUI?

Eat Healthily

Your diet influences the success rate of IUI. Add more protein-rich foods to your plate and cut down on carbs. In fact, even if you’re struggling with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), switching to a healthier diet can increase the chances of conception. A good diet always makes way for a better pregnancy.

 Start Exercising

Moderate exercise is also good after IUI. However, rigorously working out isn’t recommended by experts. You just need to be active and not sit in a stationary position for long.

 Avoid Smoking

As per research, women who smoke need more gonadotropin doses for ovarian stimulation. This negatively affects the IUI success rate. Hence, quit smoking.

De-stress and Control Anxiety

Don’t stress yourself out. Going through IUI may lead to an emotional upheaval, but learn to relax and have realistic expectations. This will make your body react positively to IUI.

Try Acupuncture

Acupuncture practitioners/ authorities recommend acupuncture therapies to increases the flow of blood and eventually improve the quality of the egg. Although allopathy doesn’t recommend it, acupuncture authorities state the therapy could increase chances of getting pregnant.

Take Prescribed Supplements

Coenzyme Q10 (Co Q10) and DHEA are supplements that are quite helpful as they improve fertility, and indirectly improve IUI. Bear in mind that these medicines must be prescribed by your doctor.

Have Sex After IUI

Doctors say that having sex after IUI actually helps. This is because, during sex, the uterus begins to contract, and pushes the sperm towards the fallopian tubes, making the process more efficient.

Be Happy

Do things that make you feel happy and content. Those who believe in the Law of Attraction say that you attract what you imagine. So, when you want to get pregnant, your life must reflect the joy of having a baby.

Read more about: IUI vs IVF

IUI vs IVF success rates over 40

As success rates for IUI in women over 40 years of age tend to be very low, due to biological factors, we feel that it would be unethical to offer IUI treatment in this situation and would always recommend IVF. Here are the chances of pregnancy after one IUI cycle, by age: Under 35: 10 to 20 percent chance of pregnancy. Between 35 and 40: 10 percent chance. Women 40 and above: 2 to 5 percent chance.

Read more about: What is the lowest sperm count for IVF

IUI success rate

For women aged under 35, about 18% of IUI cycles result in a healthy baby being born (a cycle is one full round of IUI treatment). Women aged 35 to 37 have a 14% success rate and the birth rate for women aged 38-39 is 12%.

Some of the common reasons for failed IUI are endometriosis, poor sperm quality, decreased ovarian reserve, poor egg quality, etc.

Read more about: What is the success rate of ICSI IVF?

10 common questions about IUI injectables vs IVF success rates

1Is IUI more successful than IVF?
IUI and IVF Success Rates The average success rate for IUI using a fertility medicine, such as Clomid, is 8-15% per cycle for patients who are under the age of 35. ... For IVF, the numbers are much higher. The success rate ranges from 40-45% for patients who are under 35 and it drops to 15% for patients who are over 42.
2What is the success rate of IUI on first try?
The success rate of IUI ranges between five and 20 percent, depending on a woman's age and other health factors. If you aren't pregnant after about three IUI cycles, your physician may recommend in vitro fertilization (IVF). It took Sarah and Jay Hudson three cycles of IUI to become pregnant
3How many times should you do IUI before IVF?
Therefore, the average number of IUIs done before IVF has decreased significantly over the past 15 years. Whereas most couples would do 3-6 IUI cycles before IVF treatment in the early 1990's, today most couples choose to move on to IVF after 2 or 3 failed artificial insemination cycles
4Does IUI increase chances of having a boy?
IUI success rate On average, a woman under 35 will have a 10 to 20 percent chance of pregnancy with each IUI, while a woman over 40 will have a two to five percent chance. “The peak IUI effect is around three to four cycles,” says Baratz
5What is the IUI success rate on first try?
One study found that IUI success rates were 16.4 percent per cycle for the first three tries or 39.2 percent if looking at all three trials together. However, for IUI treatments cycles 4 through 6, the success rate dropped significantly to only 5.6 percent
6Why is IUI not successful?
If women face severe endometriosis, then the chances of fertilization of eggs get decreased. IUI treatment is usually considered more productive for women who do not suffer from endometriosis. One of the reasons in the failing of IUI treatment can be the poor quality of eggs
7What should I avoid after IUI?
Avoid strenuous exercise right before and after insemination Strenuous activities could cause uterine contractions that could interfere with implantation. Light exercise such as light aerobics, swimming, walking, and yoga are fine. High impact exercise such as jogging and step aerobics should be avoided
8Is bed rest required after IUI?
Conclusions. Bed rest for 10 and 20 min after intrauterine insemination has a positive effect on the pregnancy rate, but there is no statistically significance difference between them. We recommend bed rest for at least 10 min after intrauterine insemination
9How many times can you try IUI?
Women often have a 10 to 20 percent chance of getting pregnant with just one IUI cycle. The more cycles of IUI you undergo, the higher the chance is for a pregnancy. With 3 to 6 cycles of IUI, pregnancy rates can be as high as 80 percent.
10What is better IVF or IUI?
The main difference between an IUI and IVF treatments are: IVF is a process involving egg stimulation, retrieval, fertilization, and transfer; whereas, an IUI injects sperm into a uterus to decrease the sperm's travel time to the egg. ... transfer of the resulting embryos into the uterus

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *